Institute for Systems Biology
401 Terry Ave N
Seattle, WA 98109
Principal Investigator: Sean Gibbons
Assistant Professor, Institute for Systems Biology
Washington Research Foundation Distinguished Investigator
Affiliate Assistant Professor, Department of Bioengineering, University of Washington
Affiliate Faculty, Molecular Engineering Program, University of Washington
Data Science Fellow, eScience Institute, University of Washington
Member, Center for Microbiome Sciences and Therapeutics, University of Washington
Executive Assistant: Thea Swanson
email: tswanson [at] isbscience [dot] org
phone: (206) 732-1209
Interested in Joining the Lab?
- If you are excited about the work we do and want to join our group, please send Dr. Gibbons a brief email with a description of your interests, your CV, and two references.
- You can check out our trainee orientation document here and our diversity, equity, and inclusion statement here.
- High school and undergraduate students interested in research internships are encouraged to apply to ISB internship programs or to reach out to Dr. Gibbons directly.
- Graduate students from the University of Washington’s Molecular Engineering Program, Computational Molecular Biology Program, and the Department of Bioengineering are eligible to rotate in the lab, given funding is available for new students.
- Applicants are always encouraged to apply for external funding.