Institute for Systems Biology
401 Terry Ave N
Seattle, WA 98109
Principal Investigator: Sean M. Gibbons
Associate Professor, Institute for Systems Biology
Distinguished Affiliate Faculty, Department of Bioengineering, University of Washington
Affiliate Faculty, Genome Sciences Department, University of Washington
Affiliate Faculty, Molecular Engineering Program, University of Washington
Data Science Fellow, eScience Institute, University of Washington
email: sgibbons [at] isbscience [dot] org
phone: (206) 732-1213
office: Room 303
Executive Assistant: Thea Swanson
email: tswanson [at] isbscience [dot] org
phone: (206) 732-1209
Interested in Joining the Lab?
- If you are excited about the work we do and want to join our team, please send Dr. Gibbons a brief email with a description of your interests, your CV, and two references.
- You can check out our trainee orientation document here and our diversity, equity, and inclusion statement here.
- High school and undergraduate students interested in research internships are encouraged to apply to ISB internship programs or to reach out to Dr. Gibbons directly.
- Graduate students from the University of Washington’s Molecular Engineering Program, Computational Molecular Biology Program, and the Department of Bioengineering are eligible to rotate in the lab, given funding is available for new students.
- Applicants are always encouraged to apply for external funding.
Interested in Participating in Microbiome Research?
- We are currently recruiting volunteers in the Seattle area for our Gut Puzzle study on how the microbiome impacts our responses to diet, in collaboration with the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Institute. For more details on how to participate in this study, please visit the recruitment website: https://www.fredhutch.org/en/research/divisions/public-health-sciences-division/research/epidemiology/gut-puzzle-study.html